Traverse Bay Area Intermediate School District (TBAISD) Special Education staff and parents have developed an exemplary program that can begin at birth and continue until age 26. Our programs provide children and young adults with special needs the opportunity to achieve their goals.
TBA staff provides services in the regular classroom for most
students. Students requiring a more restrictive environment attend TBAISD centers in age appropriate classrooms in Traverse City School Districts.
TBA employs certified and trained specialist to serve students in the following disability areas:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Cognitively Impaired - Mild (CI - MI)
- Cognitively Impaired - Moderate (CI - Mo)
- Cognitively Impaired - Severe (CI - S)
- Early Childhood Development Delay (ECDD)
- Emotional Impairment (EI)
- Hearing Impaired (HI)
- Learning Disabled (LD)
- Other Health Impaired (OHI)
- Physical Impairment (PI)
- Severely Multiply Impaired (SXI)
- Speech and Language Impaired (SLI)
- Traumatic Brain Impaired (TBI)
- Visually Impaired (VI)
Annual Education Reports:
Adult Work Center
Assistant Superintendent of Special Education
Phone: (231) 922-6228
Fax: (231) 922-7821
Paperworks Studio™ is a development program of Goodwill Industries of Northern Michigan.